Applying for Full-time CoursesApplication Tips – Full-time CoursesApplying for Access CoursesApplying for a Part-time CourseApplying for an ApprenticeshipEnglish Language Courses (EFL, ESOL & IELTS) ApplicationApplying for a Degree Level Course
- Apply as early as possible. We want to make sure you have the best chance of securing a place with us. All full-time applications received by 31st of January 2021 will be guaranteed a place at Colchester Institute, subject to you satisfying the published entry requirements. We still accept applications after this date but may not be able to guarantee you a place on your chosen programme.
- Think carefully about your course choice before you apply. Talk to your head of year or careers adviser at school to make sure you have explored all your options and have found a course that suits you best. You may wish to attend one of our open days to find out more before applying.
- Make sure you attend any interviews or assessments we invite you to. These are a mandatory part of our process giving you the chance to find out more about our courses, as well as us making sure you are on the most appropriate course for you. Some courses may invite you to attend a second interview or audition to demonstrate your skills and to ensure you are on the most appropriate level for you.
- Please let us know if your contact details or address change.
We will use a variety of letters, email and texts to communicate with you throughout the process, and the information we provide is both confidential and vital to your application. If you move home or change your phone number and don’t inform us of any changes, you could miss some vital information.
Applying for an Access course
If you’re in doubt about going straight into a degree-level course why not ask about our Access courses which will help build up your self confidence, study skills and reading and writing skills ready for higher level learning.
Our application window opened on Thursday 1st October 2020.
In order to apply for a Access to Higher Education Diploma you will need to follow the below steps.
- Click through to the Access to Higher Education Diploma course page using the button located after step 3.
- Once you are on the page the Access to Higher Education Diploma course page and you are certain that you would like to apply for this course, click the ‘Apply Online’ button for the campus that you would like to study at.
- You will be taken to our online application login page and you will need to set up an account. Click ‘create an account’ to begin the application process.
If you don’t have access to a computer or the internet, please phone our Admissions enquiry line on the 01206 712777 and we will send you a paper application form. The completed form can be returned by post or in person to our admissions teams at our Colchester or Braintree campuses.
The College at Braintree
The College at Braintree
To apply to study on a part-time course you will need to follow the appropriate part-time application process as shown on the individual course page.
Most of our part-time courses are available to apply online and applicants can apply directly from the course page on the website.
Short duration leisure and hobby courses such as arts, crafts and foreign languages are purchasable via our Online Store and do not require an application form to be submitted, and this will be made clear on the course page itself.
Most part-time courses will start in September, however they can start at various points during the year, and some smaller duration part-time courses will run more than once per academic year.
Please see the individual course listing for the next course start date or if you are unsure please call our Course Enquiries line on (01206) 712777.
Applicants will receive an acknowledgement email or card within one week of the application being received by our Admissions team, if you do not receive this you should contact the team on (01206) 712777 to check that your application has been received.
Courses will run subject to sufficient applications being received.
English Language Courses (EFL, ESOL & IELTS)
We currently offer English Language courses on either a full-time (12 to 18 hours per week) or part-time (3 to 4 hours per week) basis depending on what suits you, your schedule and your needs.
You can find the online application form for the full-time courses and the online application form for part-time courses here: