We have a long tradition of helping students to return to study. The Access to Higher Education Diploma course will offer you the ideal preparation for further study in higher education or training.
What is the Access to Higher Education Diploma?
The Access Main Course offers a programme of academic study, equivalent to A Levels, leading to entry on degree and diploma courses. It has two elements:
1. Core Studies (Seminar Presentations, Study Skills, Academic Writing and Academic/Group/Personal Tutorials).
2. Additional or Specialist Studies (chosen according to your needs and the course of study which you want to pursue).
Access courses at Colchester Institute are accredited by Gateway Qualifications, an authorised validating agency which awards nationally recognised certification for Access programmes.
What Diploma’s can I study?
- Access to Higher Education Diploma: Health Professions
- Access to Higher Education Diploma: Social Sciences
- Access to Higher Education Diploma: Science
- Access to Higher Education Diploma: Social Work and Related Professions
- Access to Higher Education Diploma: Humanities
- Access to Higher Education Diploma: Science and Maths
Art and Design Foundation Year at University Centre Colchester (UCC)
This is a two-year, part-time higher education course for mature learners who would like to refresh or develop their skills before going on to further study in art and design at degree level.