Welcome to the 2018-2019 season of Creative Arts Live at Colchester Institute.
This season, we have an exciting mix of live events and performances for all ages and tastes with some unmissable touring shows.
Not forgetting our talented students who also feature this season with a range of performances including Choreography evenings, Musical Reviews and our wonderful Christmas Showcase with a multitude of choirs, ensembles, dancers and musicians!
Finally for those of you who know us well you will be thrilled to hear that we now have new seating in our Swinburne Hall designed to give our audiences a more comfortable and enjoyable evening. So as the saying goes sit back, relax and enjoy our shows!
- Tags 3D Design & Craft Apprenticeship Art Art and Design art exhibition art gallery art sale charity auction cobbold and judd Colchester Colchester Art Gallery colchester exhibition colchester gallery Colchester High Street Colchester Institute Colchester School of Art Colchester Shows Construction Degree Education elemental forces Engineering Event Exhibition fashion & textiles Fine Art gallery graphics Higher Education landscape landscapes Live events live music Minories Galleries Musical Musical Theatre Open Day Open Event painting patrick george Photography Recruitment secret art sale student exhibition Taster Day Teacher Training The College at Braintree The College at Clacton The Minories Theatre UCC University Centre Colchester val bonnett
Call: (01206) 712999
Online Booking is available until 12 Noon on the day of the performance; after this time, please contact the Box Office directly via Email or Phone.
Box Office Opening Hours Mon – Friday 11.00am – 4.00pm
(On Performance Days 11.00am – 6.30pm)
If calling outside these hours, please leave a message and we will get back to you.
We do not charge a booking fee. Tickets are available for collection from the box office on the evening of the performance up to 30 minutes before doors, and up to 1 hour before the performance begins. If you would like your tickets posted to you, please telephone the box office and we will be happy to help (this may be subject to a small postage fee).
A concessionary rate is available to those aged over 60, Students (in full or part time education), Registered Disabled, those aged 16 and under, and Colchester Institute Staff Members. For certain events, a concessionary rate may not be available.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide refunds on ticket purchases.
The majority of our events are held at Colchester Institute’s Sheepen Road Campus, Colchester in our Swinburne Hall or Main Halls. Braintree events are held at the Braintree Campus, Church Lane in the Main Hall. Venues will be clearly marked in both our event brochure and website event listing.
Hire our Musicians or Performers
If you require music and/or entertainment for your event, look no further.
Our musicians, dancers and singers are preparing for careers as professional performers, or are indeed already in demand in the professional world. They are highly skilled, dedicated and rigorously trained individuals with an enormous passion for their profession. Our staff would be delighted to assist you with the musician or entertainment most suited for your event.
All performers are selected for external engagements following audition.
Current Performers (subject to availability) are:
- Soloists (all instruments, plus accompanist if required)
- Solo Piano (classical/jazz/light repertoire)
- Voice (all types) Solo/Duo/Trio/Quartet (please note, no choirs)
- Classical Solo Guitar
- Trumpeters for Fanfares
- Saxophone Duo
- Wind Trios
- Saxophone Quartet
- Brass Quartet
- Jazz Duos/Trios/Quartets/Quintets
- Covers Bands
- Dancers all styles and genres
Hire our Venues
Situated in the heart of Colchester our venues are ideally placed for your event.
With large free car park (for evening events) close links to both Colchester Railway Stations and local bus routes we are a 10 minute walk from the town centre.
The two large halls at Colchester Institute are available to hire with, or without, technical support and equipment including flipcharts, laptops, projectors, microphones, PA equipment, lighting, staging, drapes and lecterns.
We can also supply a licensed bar, ticket printing, catering and box office management facilities to assist you with promotion of your event.
The Swinburne Hall
- The Swinburne Hall
- Seating Capacity 220 (or 150 with the rear doors closed)
- Standing Capacity 300
- Infrared Hearing Loop System & Receivers
- The Swinburne Hall is a purpose built concert hall with great acoustics ideal for concerts, gigs, shows and seminars.
The Main Hall
- Seating Capacity 250
- Standing Capacity 300
- The Main Hall is a large multi-function hall which can be used with, or without, the large stage with sprung dance floor. It is ideal for conferences, dance and theatre shows, exhibitions and displays.
Our friendly and efficient staff will be delighted to assist with your enquiry.
Location and Contact
- Events are held at: Swinburne Hall, Sheepen Road, Colchester, Essex CO3 3LL
- Events Hotline: (01206) 712999
- E-mail: email@example.com
How to get here
All concerts take place in the Swinburne Hall, unless otherwise indicated. Follow the signs for Colchester Institute and take the third left turning off Sheepen Road (signposted Eastgate Entrance and Swinburne Hall).View Larger Map
Parking and Disabled Access
There is ample parking to the rear of the Swinburne Hall including visitor spaces – a pay and display ticket will need to be purchased during the day. Parking is free during the evening. There is flat access from the car park into the Swinburne Hall. Please contact us in advance so we can arrange special seating requirements.