Student Hub – WelcomeStudent Links – Email | Desktop | Moodle | Portal | Pro Portal (Promonitor)Getting Here – Travel | Bus Passes and Parking InformationCollege ExpectationsStudent Activities
Colchester Institute has a relaxed, informal atmosphere. The student population is diverse and increasingly popular with international and mature students. Our Sheepen Road campus is set in the heart of the historic Colchester town. We have further campuses around the area, including Braintree.
While studying at Colchester Institute you can access a wide range of resources and support such as information on learning support, financial assistance, welfare and student engagement activities.
Colchester Institute and University Centre Colchester students are automatically members of Colchester Institute Students’ Union and are entitled to use Union facilities, create their own clubs and societies, and vote and stand in Union elections.
Further Education students can put forward ideas for trips, activities, events clubs and societies via the Student Services Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students can be elected as a Student Governor, be part of the Course Representative scheme, ensure their voice and ideas are heard through Learner Voice activities and even have the opportunity to put ideas and questions directly to our Principal and Chief Executive. For more information on Student Engagement and Learner Voice please email: email@example.com
Colchester Institute students benefit from the College wide membership of the NUS (National Union Students) and are able to apply for a TOTUM card which gives discounts in many online and high street shops.
Students Info & Logins – Email | Desktop | Moodle | Portal | Pro Portal (Promonitor)
- Online Enrolment
- Student Email Login
- Student ProPortal ( Promonitor )
- Absence Reporting
- Online Store – Paying for trips, deposits, etc.
What are you looking for?
IT Service Desk
Service Desk how to contact us:
The Service Desk is open to support Staff and Students during the following times in term time.
Monday to Thursday from 08:00 to 18:30
Friday 08:00 to 16:30
To contact the Service Desk,
- log onto the ILT Service Desk Portal at http://colchesterinstitute.freshservice.com using your college logon credentials.
- ILT Service Desk Portal – Further Information Guide (PDF)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 01206712222
When you log a call we will update you using email or a phone number if you have provided one.
Please note that the Service Desk team are not able to resolve IT issues that are related to your own personal computer equipment or network connections outside of the college.
Colchester Institute College Expectations set out what we expect of our students from the outset, and these feed into the learning agreement that all new students sign up to:
As a Colchester Institute student it is expected that, at all times, you will
- Set yourself challenging targets, and push yourself to do your best work
- Take responsibility for your own behaviour, showing consideration and respect to others
- Take pride in your College environment and follow all Colchester Institute policies and procedures
- Attend all sessions on time with the correct equipment to learn, and report all absences to the College in a timely manner
- Participate fully in all aspects of your programme, including tutorials and progress reviews, and submit coursework by the set deadline
- Contact your tutor to discuss any concerns or issues which affect your programme of study
- Always wear your ID at College
In return, Colchester Institute will provide
- A thorough induction to the College and your course, with the opportunity to read and understand your learning agreement
- A programme of study designed to meet your learning needs, delivered by suitably qualified and experienced staff
- An Individual Learning Plan, and regular tutorial reviews, to help you monitor your progress and maximise your achievement
- Timely and appropriate feedback on all assignments and assessed work
- Opportunities to access materials and additional information through the Virtual Learning Environment
- A named member of staﬀ who will be your main point of contact during your studies to raise concerns and complaints
- Access to impartial information, advice and guidance on educational, career and personal matters, including discussing your options after your course
- Access to industry-standard facilities and resources
- Access to employers, quality work experience and a careers service appropriate to your programme of study
- Clear information about your timetable and how to access support.
At Colchester Institute there is a wide variety of activities for students to join in. This varies throughout the year and from campus to campus. Based at the Colchester campus, The Sports Federation deals with all competitive sports teams at the college.
As well as sports activities students are usually able to attend a range of events, we are currently reviewing what we will be able to offer due to COVID 19.
For more information on any of our activities please contact the Student Services Officer: email@example.com