We offer a variety of part-time courses that are tailor-made to suit your desire to learn something new, whether it be for a hobby or your own leisure to gain new skills, or to add to your skillset in order to build a new career or enhance your credentials for higher education.
Located on Colchester Institute’s Colchester campus, University Centre Colchester (UCC) offers a wide range of part-time foundation and honours degrees, together with HNC/Ds, higher apprenticeships and postgraduate qualifications. View Higher Education Programmes
Further Education – Which course is for me?
Part-time courses offered by Colchester Institute and our commercial arm, CI Business Solutions, include the following:
- One or two year duration NVQ, VRQ, and BTEC Diplomas, which are work related vocational qualifications containing a mixture of theory and practicals. View Courses
- Accredited industry training qualifications for those already working in their chosen field. These can vary in duration from one day to one year and beyond. View Courses
- Short duration non-accredited hobby courses such as arts and crafts, cake decorating and modern languages. These are normally in the evening and up to 12 weeks in duration. View Courses
- Adult English and Maths GCSE’s. View Courses
- Adult English and Maths and flexible, online Digital and Functional Skills courses offered through our adult Learning Shops. View Courses
- Introductory employability skills courses offered through our adult Learning Shops in subjects including Care, Transport and Logistics, Construction and Building, Personal and Social Development, CV Writing and Dementia Awareness. View Courses
- EFL, IELTS and ESOL English Language courses for learners whom English is not their first language. View Courses
If you are not looking for anything specific or are just curious about what we can offer you, you can browse the relevant course finders to find a specific course that you are looking for.
Further Education – How to Apply
Many of these part time courses start mid-September but we also have a wide range of courses that start throughout the year.
Some part-time courses may not require an application form to be submitted, and this will be noted against the course. Applicants can download and print a copy of our part-time application form where required from our part-time application section.
Applicants will receive an acknowledgement email or card within one week of the application being received by Customer Information and Admissions, if you do not receive this you should contact the team on (01206) 712000 to check that your application has been received. Please be aware that courses will only be run if a sufficient number of applications are received.