We offer a variety of part-time courses that are tailor-made to suit your desire to learn something new, whether it be for a hobby or your own leisure to gain new skills, or to add to your skillset in order to build a new career or enhance your credentials for higher education.
Further Education – Which course is for me?
Part-time courses offered by Colchester Institute and our commercial arm, CI Business Solutions, include the following:
- One or two year duration NVQ, VRQ, and BTEC Diplomas, which are work related vocational qualifications containing a mixture of theory and practicals. View Courses
- Accredited professional training qualifications for sectors including accounting, construction, engineering and service industries. These are suitable for those already working or who wish to work in their chosen field. These can vary in duration from one day to one year and beyond. View Courses
- Short duration non-accredited hobby courses such as arts and crafts, cake decorating and modern languages. These are normally in the evening and up to 12 weeks in duration. View Courses
- Adult English and Maths GCSE’s. View Courses
- Adult English and Maths and flexible, online Digital and Functional Skills courses offered through our adult Learning Shops. View Courses
- Introductory employability skills courses offered through our adult Learning Shops in subjects including Care, Transport and Logistics, Construction and Building, Personal and Social Development, CV Writing and Dementia Awareness. View Courses
- EFL, IELTS and ESOL English Language courses for learners whom English is not their first language. View Courses
- Part-time Degree Courses. Find out more
Higher Education – Which course is for me?
Located on Colchester Institute’s Colchester campus, University Centre Colchester (UCC) offers a wide range of part-time foundation and honours degrees, together with HNC/Ds, higher apprenticeships and postgraduate qualifications. View Higher Education Programmes.
If you are not looking for anything specific or are just curious about what we can offer you, you can browse the relevant course finders to find a specific course that you are looking for.
Further Education – How to Apply
Our part-time courses are available to apply using the online application forms located on the individual course page. Most will start this September, however they can start at other points during the year. The start date can be found on each individual course listing. If you are unsure about a start date or attendance days please contact us via the ‘Ask a Question‘ button located on the individual course page.
Applicants will receive an acknowledgement email or card within one week of the application being received by Customer Information and Admissions, if you do not receive this you should contact the team on (01206) 712000 to check that your application has been received. Please be aware that courses will only be run if a sufficient number of applications are received.
What about Short Courses?
Colchester Institute also offers a number of non-accredited short (less than 10 weeks in duration) leisure and hobby courses such as arts, crafts and foreign languages. Purchasable via our Online Store these do not require an application form to be submitted, and this is made clear on the course page itself.
We are currently working hard to set dates for our short courses. If you would like to receive a notification when these courses are ready to take bookings, please use the ‘Register your interest button’ on the individual course page to provide your contacts details.
As soon as a start date is confirmed and available to purchase we will email out our autumn term dates along with a link to our Online Store for payment.