At Colchester Institute we have many years experience in delivering training, assessing and quality assurer qualifications.
The Education and Training Award Level 3 ( Replacement for PTLLS ) course provides an introduction to teaching and training in the lifelong learning sector. This course is suitable for those who are new to training and want to gain the knowledge and understanding required to be a trainer, alongside achieving a recognised qualification.
The TAQA qualifications set the standard for those involved in assessing qualifications that are regulated (for example by an external awarding body).
We can provide assessor training and assessment for:
- Those new to assessing who want to know how to assess but don’t do it themselves e.g. managers or those wishing to move into assessing in the future, or who need to know about assessment, but are not currently practicing e.g. aspiring assessors or quality managers
- For practitioners who assess the achievement of competence in a work environment
- For practitioners who assess achievement in a vocationally-related situation e.g. classrooms or workshops
- For practitioners who assess in house qualifications
- For practitioners who assess nationally recognised qualifications
- For practitioners who assess both in a work environment and in a college or training environment
The (TAQA) Internal Quality Assurance Award/Certificate qualification sets the standard for those involved in or Managing the Internal Quality Assurance of the assessment process within an Approved Centre. All Approved Centres should have an Internal Quality Assurer to liaise with the awarding body and act as a Quality Assurance Manager.
We can provide Internal Quality Asssurer training and assessment for:
- Those who are new to internal quality assurance and / or need to know about quality assurance but don’t do it themselves e.g. managers or those wishing to move into quality assuring in the future, but are not carrying out quality assurance themselves
- For practitioners who conduct internal quality assurance of the assessment process
- For practitioners who lead the internal quality assurance process and have a responsibility for managing the quality of the assessment process/practice and the performance of assessors
- For practitioners who quality assure in house qualifications
- For practitioners who quality assure nationally recognised qualifications