Construction & The Built Environment Courses
As well as Further and Higher education courses in professional technical pathways – commerical and site management, Apprenticeships are also available, allowing students to earn while they learn, as well as gaining first-hand experience of the industry sector in a working environment.
Part-time Evening Courses
- Basic Construction Skills ( Brickwork | Carpentry | Decorating | Plastering | Tiling | Plumbing ) Extended Certificate City & Guilds 6219-06 (P/T Evening)
Our professional technical and building services programmes provide learners with an excellent opportunity to gain a qualification and develop skills for the growing industry; there are a number of career paths available and many job prospects both locally and nationally.
University Centre Colchester provides a great range of specialist facilities for CHE, HNC and degree students including well-equipped teaching spaces and private study areas.
Click here to visit the School of Construction and find out more.
- Brickwork NVQ Diploma Level 2 – Experienced Worker Practical Assessment (EWPA)
- Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery NVQ Diploma Level 2 – Experienced Worker Practical Assessment (EWPA)
CI Business Solutions also offers EWPA experienced worker route NVQ’s in Brickwork, Electrical Installations and Carpentry or Bench Joinery. Successful completion of the 2 day assessment results in an NVQ Level 2 in your chosen trade.
It is essential that you are either employed or self employed and are covered by Public Liability Insurance.
You should have a minimum of 5 Years industry experience.
To find out more about these qualifications please call (01206) 712727
Noise Control and Acoustics
We offer Noise Control and Acoustics training courses and qualifications which are aimed at a range of individuals including Environmental Officers, Technicians, Senior Management, Project Managers and Site Engineers.
Environmental noise is of increasing concern and is recognised as one of the major pollutants of our time.
The Certificate of Competence in Environmental Noise Measurement course is certified by the IOA and addresses the legal and practical aspects of dealing with the problems of environmental noise pollution, which brings about duties for all industrial companies and local authorities in connection with the measurement, assessment and control of environmental noise
Health and Safety Courses
- Abrasive Wheels – Appointed Persons
- Asbestos Awareness
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
- CIEH Level 2 Award in the Principles of Risk Assessment
- Confined Spaces Awareness
- COSHH Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Environmental Awareness
- Fire Marshal and Responsible Person/Manager Training Courses for Business
- Forklift Training Course
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
- Ladders and Stepladders Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Mobile Access Tower Training
- Portable Power Tool Training
- REACH and RoHS
- Working at Height Awareness
Keeping staff up-to date with HSE (Health and Safety Executive) legislation can be a costly process. We offer a number of mandatory training courses as both open and in-company options.
HSE Key figures for GB 13/14
- 2 million people suffering from a work-related illness
- 2538 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2013)
- 142 workers killed at work (2014/15)
- 78,000 other injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 629,000 injuries at work from the Labour Force Survey
- 2 million working days lost due to work-related
- £14.2 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2012/13)
Manual Handling & Moving People
Manual Handling is one of the largest causes of work related injuries and lost work hours in the work place. There is a requirement for handling and moving of people training to fulfil the Management of Health and Safety Regulations (1999) and Manual Handling Operations Regulations (1992). It is recommended that suitable professional training is carried out on an annual or bi-annual timescale to eliminate skill fade and encompass new employees.
A range of programmes can be designed, developed and delivered for you on an in-company basis, inlcuding refresher and train the Trainer courses.
- Manual Handling of Inanimate Objects
- Handling and Moving of People
- Train the Trainer
- Refresher Training
Bespoke Training Programmes
CI Business Solutions provides a multitude of Health and Safety qualifications to help you meet Health and Safety legislation.
BUSINESS TRAINING SOLUTIONS
In-house Health and Safety Training:
A range of programmes can be designed, developed and delivered for you on an in-company basis. Examples of some of the specialist courses we have run for customers include:
Health and Safety Audit & Inspection
For more information, to talk to one of our Business advisors, or to book a course, please contact us on (01206 712 727)
- C&G Level 2 Award in Working at Height: Tower & Mast Climbing Techniques
- C&G Level 2 Award in Working at Height: Tower Rescue
The College is only the second in the country to achieve City and Guilds accreditation for Working at Height & Tower Rescue programmes and last year we made the strategic decision to invest in this equipment to support a wide range of local and regional businesses in a number of industry sectors.
We are really excited about the opportunity to develop bespoke Working at Height training packages to complement our existing portfolio of employer focused programmes. The training tower is available for use by businesses and community groups alike, ranging from team building activities, providing an opportunity for team building activities, personal development or bespoke training for staff who will be working at height in a wide range of industry contexts.
Working at Height Bespoke Training Courses
CI Business Solutions can offer bespoke Working at Height programmes, delivering the required level of theory and/or practical training to meet the needs of individual organisations and their staff, for example:
- Working at Height & Work Restraints – one day combined theory and practical programme
- Working at Height – Harness & Lanyards – half-day classroom based
- Working at Height – Writing Risk Assessments, Method Statements & Rescue Plans – one day classroom based
- Competent Climber – one day combined theory and practical programme
PASMA / IPAF
A range of PASMA and IPAF accredited course are also available. These courses provide industry recognised competency certificates to all successful candidates on the safe use of mobile access towers and other powered access equipment.
Confined Spaces Training
Confined Spaces training courses will be available soon at Colchester Institute.