Art and Design Courses
Art and Design
Our courses are delivered by tutors with extensive experience in the visual arts sector and their professional expertise is valued by our students. There are excellent facilities including studio spaces for painting, sculpture, ceramics, textiles and printmaking, as well as dark rooms. Further Education courses are offered across a wide range of art and design subjects and the Hay Gallery provides a versatile exhibition space for displaying students’ work.
The School of Art offers Higher Education Art and Design programmes in photography, 3D design and craft, fashion and textiles, fine art and graphic design, as well as specialist Master’s programmes. The Minories in Colchester town centre is home to studios for postgraduate students and a public gallery. Our Higher Education Centre provides a great range of specialist facilities for Colchester School of Art students including well-equipped teaching spaces and private study areas.
As well as a Further and Higher education courses, there is range of popular short courses in areas including bookbinding, ceramics, glassmaking, life drawing, Photoshop, portfolio preparation, printmaking and textiles.
- Animation and Illustration UAL Diploma / Extended Diploma Level 3
- Art and Design Foundation Diploma UAL Level 3
- Art and Design UAL Diploma Level 2
- Art and Design UAL Diploma Level 3
- Fashion and Textiles UAL Diploma / Extended Diploma Level 3
- Graphic Arts UAL Diploma / Extended Diploma Level 3
- Photography UAL Diploma / Extended Diploma Level 3
- Photography UAL Diploma Level 2
- BA (Hons) in 3D Design and Craft
- BA (Hons) in Art and Design with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) in Art and Design with Foundation Year (Part-time)
- BA (Hons) in Fashion and Textiles
- BA (Hons) in Fine Art
- BA (Hons) in Graphic Design
- BA (Hons) in Photography
- Foundation Degree in Photography
- Single Module: Fine Art Photo-Media Practices
- Single Module: Fine Art: Sculptural Processes
- Single Module: Introduction to Digital Imaging and Manipulation
- Single Module: Introduction to Textile Applications
External Examiner Quotes
The written feedback to the students is very detailed, and was also deemed by the students as constructive, appropriate and quick.
From exploring what drawing may be, to delving into the history of art, creating with like minded people and having access to amazing facilities, what more could you want!?Thomas Dilloway - BA Art and Design Level 0
No courses found matching your criteria.
- Colchester Pottery Throwdown Courses
- Colchester Sewing Bee
- Cyanotype / Lumen Printing and Camera Obscura
- Join the Drawing School
- LoFi Publishing – Making a photo zine
- So You Think You Can’t Knit?!