Childcare and Early Years
Our courses are delivered by tutors with a wealth of experience in the childcare sector and their professional expertise is valued by our students. There are excellent facilities including well-equipped classrooms with interactive technology and resources for an early years setting. Further Education qualifications are designed to build the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years. Work experience is a significant element of childcare and health and social care study programmes.
As well as Further education courses, students can also choose to undertake an Apprenticeship allowing them to earn while they learn, as well as gaining first-hand experience in a childcare environment.
- Caring for Children Under Five BTEC Level 1
- Children's Play, Learning and Development Level 3
- Children's Play, Learning and Development (Early Years Assistant) Level 2
- Early Years Advanced Practitioner Certificate in Leadership Level 4
- Early Years Educator (CACHE Diploma) Level 3
- Introduction to Early Years Education and Care (CACHE Certificate) Level 2 (PT)
- Leadership for Health and Social Care & Children and Young Peoples Services (CACHE Diploma) Level 5
The School of Health and Social Sciences at University Centre Colchester offers Higher Education ( Degree Level ) undergraduate Early Years Education programmes that cover a wide range of subjects and offer a holistic approach to child development. Students develop their knowledge and understanding through practice based studies and can choose option modules in areas of particular interest. Our Higher Education Centre provides a great range of specialist facilities for students including well-equipped teaching spaces and private study areas.
Click here to visit the School of Health and Social Sciences and find out more.