Aged between 15-18 years and in full-time education?
In order to study an apprenticeship you must have an employer willing to take you on as an apprentice and have an offer of employment in place by September, ready for enrolment.
The information below applies to those:
- currently in year 11 and looking to study on an apprenticeship upon finishing school
- currently in year 11 and looking to make a joint full-time and apprenticeship application, so that both options are available to be pursued upon finishing school (although you can apply for both options you will eventually need to choose between a full-time programme or apprenticeship, you cannot do both at the same time)
- currently in year 12* on a full-time course and looking to find an apprenticeship to start after the end of the summer term
If you are interested in an Apprenticeship but do not yet have a contract of employment from an employer, we strongly advise you to apply for a full-time programme as well so you have a back-up. We will process both your full-time application and apprenticeship application until you inform us that you have secured an employer and have an Apprenticeship contract in place, at which point your apprenticeship application will take priority.
If you do have an employer with an Apprenticeship contract of employment in place, we still strongly advise that you apply for a full-time programme as well so you that you have a back-up in case this falls through.
- Please use an email address which you will check regularly. Do not use a school email address.
- Make a note of your username and password – you will need these later on in the application process.
- Make sure you have your predicted GCSE Grades (or actual grades if you have already achieved them!) handy as you will need to add these to your application form.
- If you want to apply for a different course, please don’t apply again, just call us on 01206 712777 and we will change your application for you
*If you are currently in year 12 and 13, but looking to find an apprenticeship and switch mid-year then please contact our Apprenticeship Admissions Team where they will advise you on suitable vacancies.
Let’s get started!
You can apply for a full-time course and an apprenticeship through our online application system at the same time, there is no need to make a separate application. Your apprenticeship application can be in the same subject area as your full-time application or in a completely different area.
To make a joint application you will need to follow the steps below
- To start the process you will need to select an apprenticeship using the ‘Search Apprenticeships’ button located further down this page.
- Once you are on the web page of your chosen apprenticeship, click the ‘Apply Online’ button that applies to your current status.
- You will then be taken to the next stage of the process where you can select a full-time course as a back-up. Once you have selected a full-time course click ‘Continue Application‘.
- You will be taken to our online application login page and you will need to set up an account. Click ‘create an account’ to begin the application process.
Please note: If you have an employer your apprenticeship application will take priority and your full-time application will still be processed but be a back-up (to secure an offer on the full-time course you will need to attend the mandatory interview). If you have not yet secured an employer your full-time application will take priority, we will send you guidance on how to find an employer.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to one of our Apprentice Recruitment team call: 01206 712043 email: email@example.com