Music and Music Technology Courses
Our Music and Music Technology Courses are delivered by a team of experienced staff who are active professionals and their expertise is valued by our students.
There are excellent facilities for students including dance and drama studios, recording studios and two iMac suites running Logic, Reason, Sibelius and Soundtrack Pro. We also have a concert hall and practice rooms for bands and orchestras. Further education Music and Performing Arts programmes focus on developing a wide range of skills to prepare students for careers in the industry
Our Faculty of Creative Arts is a vibrant and Dynamic community of practitioners encompassing classical, jazz and popular musicians alongside creative media specialists.
- Music (Popular Music) Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Technology and Production Diploma Level 2
- Music Technology Sub Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing Musician (Popular Music) Diploma Level 2
- Professional Musician Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- BA (Hons) in Film Music and Soundtrack Production
- BA (Hons) in Music Education
- BA (Hons) in Popular Music
- BA Music Education Modules
- Foundation Degree in Popular Music
Our Higher Education programmes have a strong vocational bias with a high level of relevance to professional practice in the musical and media industries and are designed to develop proficient and versatile practitioners. Music and Music Technology Qualifications are available in Music Education, Popular Music and Film Music and Soundtrack Production. Our lecturers are active professionals in the industry, composing for film, television and radio, as well as working in live music and theatre and our Higher Education Centre provides a great range of specialist facilities including well-equipped teaching spaces and private study areas.
- Beginners Creative Writing – Workshop at the Minories Galleries
- Guitar Repair and Maintenance
- Introduction to Audio Recording at Home
- Song Writing for Beginners
Get into the Music Industry
In the new year we will be running a series of 4 week ‘Get into the Music Industry’ evening workshops which will include band performance coaching, studio sound sessions and music production and composition. In addition to these workshops we will also be running Music Industry Experience Weekends and Recording Day Packages throughout the year.
To register an interest or for more information on these upcoming workshops please email firstname.lastname@example.org.