What is a professional qualification?
Professional qualifications help learners to gain the knowledge and skills required for a vocation in a specific industry or trade sector, and posessing one is often an essential requirement for some roles
By focusing on an individuals ability to succed in a particular occupation, Professional qualifications are ideal for those who have a well-defined career goal. Awarded by professional bodies within the relevant industry or sector, professional qualifications often follow on from a higher education or equivalent level qualification, although having previously attained this level of academic study isn’t always a prerequisite requirement.
Accrediting bodies often offer different levels of qualification which are suitable for school leavers, graduates and experienced professionals, however it is often essential that learners possess some relevant work experience or have a demonstrable interest in their subject.
Colchester Institute offers accredited qualifications by a variety of professional bodies including:
- The Association of Accounting Technicians
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- British Plumbing Employers Council (BPEC)
- The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Charter Management Institute (CMI)
- City & Guilds
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB)
- Gas Safe Register
- Joint Industry Board
- Trinity College London