Health and Social Care Courses
Our health and social care courses are delivered by highly qualified tutors with a range of professional healthcare experience and their expertise is valued by our students.
There are excellent resources including well-equipped laboratories and classrooms with interactive technology. Further Education courses are designed to build and develop the skills for employment in a wide variety of roles in the science and healthcare industries. Work experience is a significant element of further education course programmes. Apprenticeships are available in the areas of dental nursing and healthcare.
Higher Education programmes can be studied either full-time or part-time, incorporating a wide variety of subject areas and are designed to provide students with the relevant skills for their chosen career. Our Higher Education Centre provides a great range of facilities including well-equipped teaching spaces and private study areas.
- Health and Social Care BTEC 90 Credit / Extended Diploma Level 3
- Health and Social Care BTEC Introductory Diploma Level 1
- Health and Social Care Study Programme Level 2
- Vocational Studies BTEC Introductory Diploma Level 1
- Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Assistant Practitioner Higher Apprenticeship Level 5
- Health ( Pharmacy Services ) Advanced Apprenticeship
- Health ( Pharmacy Services ) Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
- Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
As the commercial arm of Colchester Institute, CI Business Solutions offers a number of courses specifically for employers in the care sector including fire safety, moving people, emergency response, working with communication difficulties and safeguarding young people and children. These courses will enable delegates to increase their knowledge and skills to carry out their work more effectively.
- Care of the Elderly – In-house Care Sector Training
- Care Sector – Customised In-house Training
- Care Sector In-house Fire Safety Training
- Clinical Supervision
- Coping with Bereavement and Loss
- Dementia Workshops: In-house Care Sector Training
- Emergency Response / First Aid Refresher
- Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults – In-house Care Sector Training
- Stroke Awareness
- Working with Communication Difficulties