University Centre Colchester Term Dates 2020 – 2021:
|Semester 1||Registration and Induction Week:|
Monday 21st September – Friday 25th September 2020Semester 1 start:
Monday 28th September – Friday 11th December 2020*Reading Week: Monday 26th October – Friday 30th October 2020Christmas Break:
Monday 14th December – Friday 25th December 2020
Semester 1 restart:
|Semester 2||Semester 2 start:|
Monday 22nd February – Friday 26th March 2021
Easter Break: Monday 29th March – Friday 9th April 2021Semester 2 restart:
Monday 12th April – Friday 18th June 2021
*Please note that the College is closed on Bank Holidays and for Learning and Teaching Development Days on:
Friday 5th February 2021
Absence Reporting Line
There is a dedicated Absence Reporting Line – (01206) 712160 for all Colchester Institute students.
The line is manned from 8am. Callers before this time can leave a message.
All calls are logged and the relevant tutor is notified. If you are going to be absent it is preferable to call before 9am.
Please note: Students need to notify their tutor directly for lateness notifications.
The gates for the College Campuses are opened from 6am, with classrooms and facilities opening at their stated times.
For information on Library Opening Times please click here.
Reception and Switchboard
Reception and Switchboard: 8.30am – 6.30pm Monday – Thursday and 8.30am – 4.30pm term time and 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday – Thursday and 8.30am – 4.30pm non term time
Course enquiry Line: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday – Thursday and 8.30pm – 4.30pm Friday all year.
To search for a number, please use our Telephone Directory.
SNOW AND SEVERE WEATHER INFORMATION
In the event of Severe Weather Conditions.
The Snow Closure Process
As part of our Bad Weather Communication Process Senior Managers will review the position as early as possible if we are considering a closure. The official decision to close is ultimately taken by our Principal and Vice-Principals.
Our campuses will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- Insufficient first aid trained and fully qualified staff are able to travel in and ensure the safe running of the campus.
- Conditions on site are considered too dangerous for the safety of students and staff.
- Conditions are considered to be, or are expected to become too hazardous to travel later in the day.
If any of our sites are to close, a decision will be made by 6:45am and the following will apply:
- Pop-up information will display on the college website and updates will be posted on social media using Facebook and Twitter. Please check for updates before starting your journey to college
- A message will be placed on the main telephone switchboard informing of the decision to close any of our campuses. (01206 712000)
Use of social media (Facebook and Twitter)
The official Colchester Institute Facebook and Twitter social media accounts will be monitored by the college throughout the day. Additional announcements will be posted as necessary and social media accounts will be monitored and updated during office hours (replies/comments after 5pm will not be answered until the following morning).