Our Furniture Making and Carpentry courses are delivered by tutors with extensive knowledge of the construction industry and their professional expertise is valued by our students.
There are excellent facilities, with training areas designed to simulate the working environment. Further Education qualifications include nationally recognised BTEC diplomas.
As well as Further Education Carpentry courses, Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeships are also available, allowing students to earn while they learn, as well as gaining first-hand experience in a construction environment and gaining the relevant training and education required to become a successful site carpenter or bench joiner. Career pathways may include working on new builds and refurbishments, with progression to a supervisory or technical support role.
- Basic Construction Skills ( Brickwork | Carpentry | Decorating | Plastering | Tiling | Plumbing ) Extended Certificate City & Guilds 6219-06 (P/T Evening)
- Carpentry – Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery Advanced Apprenticeship
- Carpentry – Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 1/2
- Carpentry Level 3
- Furniture Production Level 2/3
CI Business Solutions, the commercial arm of Colchester Institute offers EWPA experienced worker route NVQ’s in Brickwork, Electrical Installations and Carpentry or Bench Joinery. Successful completion of the 2 day assessment results in an NVQ Level 2 in your chosen trade.
It is essential that you are either employed or self employed and are covered by Public Liability Insurance.
You should have a minimum of 5 Years industry experience.
To find out more about these qualifications please call (01206) 712727