Our Vision, Mission and Values
The Board discharges its responsibility for setting the strategic direction of Colchester Institute by agreeing the Vision and Mission statements and the College’s Strategic Plan.
All these statements are reviewed and updated regularly to reflect the developing needs of students and the changing educational and training requirements of the community. The current Strategic Plan, “Better Careers Begin Here” covers the time frame 2017 -2020.
To be an outstanding college, highly acclaimed by students and employers as central to their future success.
To deliver first-class education, professional development and technical skills training to develop careers and strengthen the local economy.
- We place the success and wellbeing of students and an outstanding student experience at the heart of our choices, decisions and priorities.
- We have high expectations of ourselves, our students and our partners and aim for excellence in all aspects of our work.
- We value and recognise the skills and significant contribution made by all our staff, in achieving our goals.
- We respect each other, promote equality, celebrate diversity and break down barriers to success.
- We are responsive, and adapt our provision to meet the needs of our students, the local economy and local and national priorities for skills development.
- We act responsibly, with honesty, integrity and openness, safeguarding the future health and success of our organisation.