Student wins Silver Award in National BTEC Awards 2019

Colchester Institute student, Bethany Reid has been awarded Silver in the Pearson Student BTEC Awards 2019. The awards recognise exceptional students for their outstanding achievements and commitment throughout their course. As one of the youngest students on the BTEC Health and Social Care Extended Diploma, Bethany went above and beyond. Not only by achieving high grades but showing a particular commitment to taking part in extracurricular activities such as volunteering and work placements.

Nick Nelson, Assistant Area Head of Health and Social Care said “Beth is an outstanding example of a learner who epitomises the BTEC ethos. Beth developed her academic skills through taking advantage of every session and made astonishing progress during the programme, consistently producing distinction level work. Beth is truly an inspiration to others.”

Bethany Reid commented “When I first entered the course, I did not think that by the end of it I would be applying for universities let alone get into them. The course has not only helped me academically but also has helped to build my confidence when working with individuals, from my different placements over the two years.

Bethany is pictured with Principal and Chief Executive, Alison Andreas and her tutor Nick Nelson as she proudly holds up her certificate.