Plumbing and Heating Courses
Our Plumbing courses are delivered by tutors with extensive knowledge of the construction industry and their professional expertise is valued by our students.
There are excellent facilities on site, with training areas designed to simulate the working environment. Further Education qualifications include nationally recognised BTEC diplomas.
As well as Further and Higher education courses for school leavers and adult (19+ learners), Apprenticeships are also available, allowing students to earn while they learn, as well as gaining first-hand experience in a construction environment and giving you the relevant knowledge and experience to understand the installation of domestic water supplies and heating systems. Apprenticeships are available in Plumbing and Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
Career pathways may include working on new builds and refurbishments, from small domestic projects to major ones such as public buildings. Plumbers fit, service and repair hot and cold water systems, and heating systems in homes and businesses. They also work with gas fires and cookers.
Depending on whether you work in homes, industrial or commercial locations, you’re likely to:
- install water supplies, heating systems and drainage
- find faults in systems or equipment and repair them
- service gas and oil-fired central heating systems, boilers and radiators
- install and fix domestic appliances like showers, cooker, gas fires and washing machines
- service air-conditioning and ventilation units
- attend emergency call-outs to fix leaks, for example during cold weather
- fit weather-proof materials, joints and flashings to roofs, chimneys and walls
On all jobs you would use hand and power tools, which may include welding equipment.
As an experienced plumber, you might specialise in sheet metal work for industrial, commercial or historical buildings.
BPEC Water Regulations and Energy Efficiency Courses
Our BPEC Water Regulations and Energy Efficiency training courses are designed to update candidates’ knowledge and satisfy the Water Supply (Water Fitting) Regulations 1999.
The BPEC Water Regulations qualification will allow candidate’s progression to membership of an ‘Approved Contractor (Plumber)’ scheme.
Approved Plumbers have been given a concession in that they may start work without notification or prior consent on certain types of work. This is provided they issue the customer (and for some types of work, the Water Supplier) with a certificate of compliance of the work when it is completed. This can save up to ten days of waiting for the Water Supplier’s consent and reduces the paperwork of notification.
- BPEC Certificate in Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating
- BPEC Certificate in Energy Efficiency Re-assessment
- BPEC Vented and Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems and Building Regulations
- BPEC Vented and Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems and Building Regulations Re-assessment
- BPEC Water Regulations Course
- Plumbing NVQ C&G Diploma Level 2 – Experienced Worker Route
- Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces in the Water Industry Award