Electrical Installations Courses
Our Electrical Installations courses are delivered by tutors with extensive knowledge of the construction industry and their professional expertise is valued by our students.
There are excellent facilities, with training areas designed to simulate the working environment. Further Education qualifications include nationally recognised BTEC diplomas.
As well as Further education Electrical Installations courses, Apprenticeships are also available, allowing students to earn while they learn, as well as gaining first-hand experience in a construction environment and giving you the relevant training and education required to become a successful electrical engineer. Career pathways may include employment as a registered Installation Technician.
CI Business Solutions is the commercial arm of Colchester Institute and offers a full range of electrical training courses and qualifications including essential City and Guilds accredited Electrical training for installers, supervisors and maintenance personnel. This includes the 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations which is an update for the City & Guilds 2382 course for electricians providing a comprehensive review of the latest edition of the wiring regulations and the C & G 2377-22 Certificate of Competence for the Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT) Based on the IET’s Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment in association with City and Guilds.
Colchester Institute is now an accredited AM2 (Acheivement Measurement) Centre. This J.I.B. qualification endorses the City and Guilds EMTA NVQ Level 3 Qualification.
Our core Electrical Installations courses and training includes:
- 17th Edition Level 3 Award C&G 2382-15
- Achievement Measurement 2 (AM2) J.I.B. Qualification
- AM2 Pre-Assessment Refresher Training
- C&G 2396 Level 4 Award in Design, Erection and Verification
- Combined Level 3 Certificate (C&G 2394 & 2395)
- C&G 2394 Level 3 Certificate in Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
- C&G 2395 Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection, Testing and Reporting of Electrical Installations
- Electrical Awareness
- Electrical Installations NVQ L3 C&G 2357 – Bolt-On qualification
- PAT Certificate of Competence 2377-22
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT Testing) Practical Course
- To find out more about these qualifications please call (01206) 712727
CI Business Solutions also offers EWPA experienced worker route NVQ’s in Brickwork, Electrical Installations and Carpentry or Bench Joinery. Successful completion of the 2 day assessment results in an NVQ Level 2 in your chosen trade.
It is essential that you are either employed or self employed and are covered by Public Liability Insurance.
You should have a minimum of 5 Years industry experience.
To find out more about these qualifications please call (01206) 712727