Our Vision, Mission and Values
The Board discharges its responsibility for setting the strategic direction of Colchester Institute by agreeing the Vision and Mission statements and the College’s Strategic Plan.
All these statements are reviewed and updated regularly to reflect the developing needs of students and the changing educational and training requirements of the community. The current Strategic Plan, “Building Brighter Futures Together” covers the time frame 2014 -2017 and is supported by an annual action plan.
For Colchester Institute to be widely acclaimed as an outstanding provider of highly responsive, top quality vocational education and training; raising aspirations and building brighter futures for its students and the communities it serves.
To continue to develop a learning culture that is inclusive and aspirational and which focuses on assuring the best possible outcomes for every student. This means successful achievement of qualifications, progression to the highest possible level of study and a positive destination for every College leaver.
- We place the success and wellbeing of students and an outstanding student experience at the heart of our choices, decisions and priorities.
- We have high expectations of ourselves, our students and our partners and aim for excellence in all aspects of our work.
- We value and recognise the skills and significant contribution made by all our staff, in achieving our goals.
- We respect each other, promote equality, celebrate diversity and break down barriers to success.
- We are responsive, and adapt our provision to meet the needs of our students, the local economy and local and national priorities for skills development.
- We act responsibly, with honesty, integrity and openness, safeguarding the future health and success of our organisation.